Who we are
Our website address is: https://wickedmainer.com.
By using the Services, you acknowledge that Wicked Mainer will use your information in the United States, where we operate.
2. Information Collected or Received
Wicked Mainer only collects a limited amount of data. When registering, we require full name, phone number, address and email.
All payment information is not saved on our servers as all payment transactions conducted on Wicked Mainer are done securely via Paypal Inc.. All payment data is 250-bit encrypted.
Wicked Mainer does not sell user data, ie; emails, phone numbers, personal information.
All Wicked Mainer users are required to have a valid email account on file. On occasion, we may have to reach out to you for account purposes, ie; member support.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and after it is received, for example encryption is used for certain information (such as credit card numbers) using TLS (transport layer security). Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your account information is protected by a password. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access to your account and information by choosing your password carefully and by keeping your password and computer secure, such as by signing out after using the Services.
All account information will remain on our system, even after termination. If you would like your profile completely erased from our system, including all profile details. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will gladly remove all information for you.
6. Your Rights & Choices
Certain privacy laws around the world, including the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), provide users with rights related to their personal information. Consistent with those laws, Wicked Mainer gives you the choice of accessing, editing, or removing certain information, as well as choices about how we contact you. You may change or correct your Wicked Mainer account information through your account settings. You may also remove certain optional information that you no longer wish to be publicly visible through the Services, such as your name. You can also request to permanently close your account and delete your personal information. Depending on your location, you may also benefit from a number of rights with respect to your information.While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply in limited cases.
- Right to Access & Portability: You can access certain personal information associated with your account by visiting your account privacy settings. You can request a copy of your personal information in an easily accessible format and information explaining how that information is used.
- Right to Correction: You have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate information about you. By visiting your account settings, you can correct and change certain personal information associated with your account.
- Right to Restrict Processing: In certain cases where we process your information, you may also have the right to restrict or limit the ways in which we use your personal information.
- Right to Deletion: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, except information we are required to retain by law, regulation, or to protect the safety, security, and integrity of Wicked Mainer.
- Right to Object: If we process your information based on our legitimate interests as explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons. Where we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you can object using the unsubscribe link in such communications or changing your account email settings.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: Where we rely on consent, you can choose to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information using specific features provided to enable you to withdraw consent, like an email unsubscribe link or your account privacy preferences. If you have consented to share your precise device location details but would no longer like to continue sharing that information with us, you can revoke your consent to the sharing of that information through the settings on your mobile device. This is without prejudice to your right to generally permanently close your account and delete your personal information.
The CCPA provides California residents with the following additional rights:
- Right to Know: California residents may request disclosure of the specific pieces and/or categories of personal information that the business has collected about them, the categories of sources for that personal information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, the categories of personal information that we have disclosed, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared.
- Right to Opt-Out: To the extent that Wicked Mainer “sells” personal information(as that term is defined under the CCPA), California residents are entitled to opt-out of the “sale” of data at any time (see below for more information).
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your personal information, you can do so via your Wicked Mainer account settings. Alternatively, you can exercise any of the rights above by contacting us by submitting a message through our contact form available here. Once you contact us to exercise any of your rights, we will confirm receipt of your request.
Limiting use of, or deleting, your personal information may impact features and uses that rely on that information. However, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights, including otherwise denying you goods or services, providing you with a different level or quality of services, or charging you different prices or rates for services. If you need further assistance, you can contact Wicked Mainer through one of the channels listed below under “Contact”. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time frame.
Please note that we may verify your identity before we are able to process any of the requests described in this Section, and in our discretion, deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity. As a part of this process, government or other identification may be required. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification, and we may verify the authenticity of the request directly with you.
Email & Messages
You may also control the receipt of certain types of communications from Wicked Mainer in your account settings. Wicked Mainer may send you messages about the Services or your activity. Some of these messages are required, service-related messages for members (such as transactional messages or legal notices). Other messages are not required, such as newsletters. You can control which optional messages you choose to receive by changing your account settings. If you no longer wish to use the Services or receive service-related messages (except for legally required notices), then you may close your account.
We use both technically necessary (for the functioning and security of the Services) and non-technically necessary cookies and similar technologies.
Notice of Collection
In addition to the Rights & Choices described above, the CCPA requires disclosure of the categories of personal information collected over the past 12 months. While this information is provided in greater detail in the “Information Collected or Received Section above, the categories of personal information that we have collected – as described by the CCPA – are:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, shop name, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your account.
- Other individual records such as phone number, billing address, or credit or debit card information. This category includes personal information protected under pre-existing California law (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)), and overlaps with other categories listed here.
- Demographics, such as your age or gender. This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with the Services.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with our Services and what led you to our Services.
- Sensory visual data, such as pictures posted on our Service.
- Geolocation data provided through location enabled services such as WiFi and GPS.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
The Purposes for Our Collection
We collect and use these categories of personal information for our business and commercial purposes described in the “Information Uses, Sharing and Disclosure” Section above, including providing and improving the Services, maintaining the safety and security of the Services, processing purchase and sale transactions, and for advertising and marketing services.
Third Party Marketing and Advertising and Your Rights (Opt-Out of “Sale”)
Wicked Mainer does not sell personal information to third parties for monetary value. However, the term “sale” is defined broadly under the California Consumer Privacy Act. To the extent that “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to include interest based advertising or other data uses described in the “Information Uses, Sharing and Disclosure” Section above, we will comply with applicable law as to those activities.
Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
We may amend or update this policy from time to time. If we believe that the changes are material, we’ll let you know by doing one (or more) of the following: (i) posting the changes on or through the Services, (ii) sending you an email or message about the changes, or (iii) posting an update in the version notes on the Apps’ platform. We encourage you to check back regularly and review any updates.
If you have any questions:
Contact Etsy’s Support team via our contact page.
Send a direct email to Wicked Mainer at: email@example.com